THE WILDERNESS OF MANITOBA ANNOUNCES DECEMBER DAKOTA RESIDENCY, PREPARES FOR NEW ALBUM
The Wilderness of Manitoba will be playing a residency at the Dakota Tavern in Toronto on December 2, 9, 16 and 23 with friends and special guests. The lineup for this run of dates will be the same as the one that toured with Elliott Brood earlier in the year, featuring Will Whitwham, Raven Shields, Tavo Diez De Bonilla, and Mike Brushey. Joining them for guest sets will be Eamon McGrath, Jose Contreras (By Divine Right), Brian Borcherdt (Dusted), with Raven Shields and Whitwham’s solo project, Lake Forest, also performing their own sets.
The band will be using these shows to workshop new songs for its fifth album set to be recorded in January at Union Sound with Leon Taheny (Dilly Dally/Owen Pallett) and at Whitwham’s own Delaware House studio where earlier Wilderness Of Manitoba albums Hymns Of Love & Spirits and When You Left The Fire were recorded.
Whitwham has proven himself to be a prolific songwriter, evidenced by the four LPs and three EPs that the Wilderness of Manitoba have released since its inception in 2009 as well as recordings made with Lake Forest and other side projects.
While having a recognizable sound, the Wilderness of Manitoba has never made the same album twice. Their music has evolved from its early chamber folk beginnings, complete with four part vocal harmonies, to a more layered indie rock sound with the emphasis on dynamic male and female vocals. Whitwham says, “We’ve worked really hard over the past six years to earn the freedom to do what we want creatively. While our last album was ‘Between Colours,’ the next album aims to commit to one. We’ve always been a band that has thrived on change and originality. The residency at the Dakota will give us a chance to paint in public so to speak.”
The best way to find out what direction their new album will take is to jam into the rustic Dakota Tavern in Toronto during their residency December 2, 9, 16, and 23, to check out the new songs in person. For a sneak peek, listen to the stripped down version of upcoming album track “Nothing’s Ever Said”. More details on the forthcoming LP will be revealed shortly.
LISTEN TO “NOTHING’S EVER SAID” HERE: https://soundcloud.com/popguru-sound/nothings-ever-said
THE WILDERNESS OF MANITOBA DAKOTA RESIDENCY
When: December 2/9/16/23, 2015
Where: The Dakota Tavern, 249 Ossington Avenue, Toronto
Doors: 6:30 PM
Tickets: $10 at the door
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/796219583857878/
- Will Whitwham’s End of Dreams EP Is “A Solemn And Poetic Statement”
- Will Whitwham’s Debut Solo EP Released Today
- Will Whitwham Tour Dates + New EP Release Date
- Will Whitwham Of The Wilderness Of Manitoba Has Recorded A Solo EP
- The Wilderness Of Manitoba Nominated For A Canadian Sync Award
- The Wilderness of Manitoba single Cindy Runs Hits #1
- The Wilderness Of Manitoba Track Nothing’s Ever Said To Be Featured In This Is Us Tonight
- The Wilderness of Manitoba Performing With Deep Dark Woods This Week
- The Wilderness of Manitoba Announces New Album & Tour Dates
- The Wilderness Of Manitoba Performs At The River And Sky Festival