the Wilderness of Manitoba – new video, new EP, new shows
The Wilderness of Manitoba leaves behind the winter doldrums with a burst of spring activity. The band has a new video, a new EP and new tour dates. The video for “Echoes” will be coming soon.
The band’s new EP, the Leslieville Sessions, came out of a conversation that took place on a particularly long drive while on tour. Talk turned to how bands used to record live-off-the floor with no overdubs. That no safety net approach brought an immediacy to recordings. “We spent one day, from noon to 1:00 AM, recording these songs,” says vocalist/violinist Amanda Balsys. “We really wanted to put out something that reflected the feel of the live band with its new members.” They went into Revolution studios in the Leslieville area of Toronto and recorded five songs including three songs written by Will Whitwham, Yellow Yard by Balsys and a John Martyn song called Head and Heart. The EP is scheduled for an April 9th release in the U.S.
Vocalist/guitarist Whitwham, Balsys, bassist Wes McClintock and drummer Sean Lancaric head out this week for more Canadian tour dates, several shows at SXSW, a CMW appearance as part of the Popguru 15th anniversary party and the beginning of a monthly residency in New York.
- Will Whitwham’s Debut Solo EP Released Today
- Will Whitwham Tour Dates + New EP Release Date
- Will Whitwham Of The Wilderness Of Manitoba Has Recorded A Solo EP
- The Wilderness Of Manitoba Nominated For A Canadian Sync Award
- The Wilderness of Manitoba single Cindy Runs Hits #1
- The Wilderness Of Manitoba Track Nothing’s Ever Said To Be Featured In This Is Us Tonight
- The Wilderness of Manitoba Performing With Deep Dark Woods This Week
- The Wilderness of Manitoba Announces New Album & Tour Dates
- The Wilderness Of Manitoba Performs At The River And Sky Festival
- Last Three Dates Of The Wilderness Of Manitoba Stripped Down Duo Tour For The Tin Shop EP